Friday, September 6, 2013

September 5, 2013

I found out my test results today.  My CT scan shows some more lymph nodes enlarged in my chest area. There is some abnormal B cells in my bone marrow and in my underarm lymph node.  But I don't have any tumors in my lungs or my liver!! Yay!  So my official diagnosis is Follicular Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I will be starting chemo next week. Then I only have to go once a month.  Also told me the treatment they are doing will not make my hair fall out.!! Double Yay!  My first treatment will take 2 days total.  I also have to get a  power port put in to make it easier for blood work and chemo.  Exactly how long I will have to do treatment depends on the results, could be 6 months, could be longer.  This type of lymphoma is a reacurring type so it is something that will have to be closely watched after treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck on your first treatment. We'll be thinking about you!! You will love having a port.... no more pokes! Make my dad take you out to your favorite place before treatment, just in case things don't taste quite right after!!

    ReplyDelete