Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sept 17

Horrible weekend. Sick all day Saturday, vomiting all night long. Sunday sleepy all day.  I was hoping by Monday I would be better and could actually go to work.. NOT!!!  Monday got up at 11 am after sleeping 15 hrs. and still felt tired.!! Had to go in for some blood work and then they informed me I had to come in Tuesday for more rasburicase.

*Rasburicase is approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (and European counterparts) for the prevention and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)[1] in patients receiving chemotherapy for hematologic cancers such as leukemias and lymphomas. It is also being investigated for treating severe hyperuricemia from other sources (e.g., gout[2] and other rheumatologic conditions).
It catalyses the conversion of uric acid to allantoin. Allantoin is an inactive metabolite of purine metabolism, and is five to ten times more soluble than uric acid, so renal excretion is more effective. Rasburicase is unique as a treatment and prevention for renal failure associated with TLS in that it catalyses the metabolism of existing uric acid. Other options prevent uric acid formation.*

Got my power port put in at 11am then had to get my infusion of rasburicase.  After testing my blood they informed me I have to come in Wed for more rasburicase. UGH!! My uric acid is still too high.  At least it doesn't make me sick or tired.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terri! I just stopped by and was reading a few of your posts. I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete