Thurs Aug 22
Appointmen with Dr. Legant was at 10:00 am. Again she sits on the opposite side of the bed and starts writing to give us results of test. She draws a picture of my body. Then starts making circles with a large one in the center. The CT scan revealed that I also have tumors with one of them being quite large. Now she is saying that my ct scan points to something called Follicular Non Hodgkins lymphoma. But I also have lymphocytes in my blood. But I have to do more tests before they can diagnose exactly what I have and how to treat it. She tells us (ed and I) that I am probably gonna be doing chemo. There goes the hair!! I have to do another CT scan this time from under breast to neck. And I will also have to do a bone marrow biopsy. Ugh! While we were at the Huntsman Cancer Center just decided to do CT scan while I was there. No chalky stuff this time.. YAY! Pretty quick and painless this time, total 30 min. I am scheduled to do biopsy on Fri. Aug 23. We have to go to the U of U Huntsman this time. When we arrive there after driving around a bit to find it we drive up to the entrance and it has FREE valet service. Wow! Finally find the place we are supposed to be. They get me in with little wait. I am expecting to have to get undressed, gown etc. Nope just lay on bed with shorts unzipped. Biopsy involves taking some samples from my hip bone just above my butt. I can't see or feel much of what they are doing. Pretty painless. Most pain came from numbing shot, that stinging feeling. But thats about it. Put a bandage on it and away I go.
Results on Thurs. Aug.29.
No comments:
Post a Comment